Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Girl Who Was On Fire

I might be behind, but I am starting the book trilogy Hunger Games.  I read the first book tonight and as soon as I read that Katniss had her nails painted as fire in preparation for the games, I knew I had to recreate for the blog.  This book is amazing.  My stomach is in knots and I have been even more convinced that I would never do good as a soldier or in war.  To hunt and be hunted sounds absolutely horrible.  Either way, I am hooked.  I am on fire for these books and am excited to start the next one as soon as it lands in my hands!




I first painted my nails with two coats of China Glaze Jamaican' Out.  Then I layered the following colors for the flames: Sun Worshipper, and Solar Power.  Black accent was So Easy Stripe Rite.  Over the whole look I sponged In Awe Of Amber.  I used two coats of Seche Vite for extra shine.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Your nails are awesome (and make me think of my team at school - Team Firestorm) - and I am SO SO SO excited you're reading the books! Jealous that it's your first time through. They're amazing.

Kari said...

These are hot! I so super love Hunger Games. I think I stayed up most of the night to finish it? I could not put them down.

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Awesomeoness!! Love HG series!!!

nodak1982 said...

I love it! I just finished book 3! So exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...